Stress and Your Body

As many of you know, I'm a big fan of Robert Sapolsky's book, Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers. For those interested in the body and its interface with the mind, I think this book should be required reading!

Sapolsky writes in a light and congenial way. If he were to write a book about chainsaw sculpting, I'd likely enjoy Why Carvers Don't have Every Digit, too. Sapolsky has a rare and refreshing capacity to distill difficult topics to their understandable essence.

When I heard that Sapolsky was speaking on Radio Lab, I was doubly enthused.  As much as I enjoy Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers, I'm just as fond of Radio Lab. I've become enchanted by their consistently interesting subject matter, as well as their creative (off the charts!) utilization of sound. Radio Lab introduced me to the multidimensional experience of talk radio.

Today's Radio Lab show was about stress, and included some of Sapolsky's fascinating findings. I sincerely hope you can find the time to give this show a listen.

Click here to listen to the 11/07/15 Radio Lab show about Stress.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You have lots of... things

Sweets and Your Mitochondria

Worklife Bardo