Yesterday's Class

I've recently completed my Spring semester at the University of Wisconsin, and am excited to share more of the neuroscience that I have learned.

Within the next few days, I will begin a series (a bombardment?) of blog postings relating neurophysiology, yoga, exercise and meditation.

In the meantime, last night's class seemed to be well-received by many participants. For those that are interested in practicing at home, here is the sequence that we worked with:

Yoga Sequence
5/10/17 Class

Inhale – arms up, exhale – arms down
Exhale – arms up, inhale – arms down
Sumo series
¼ Sun Salutations x3
Warrior II
½ Sun Salutations x3
Psoas Walk
¾ Sun Salutations x3
Side Angle
Full Sun Salutations x3
“High” Lunge
Projected Lunge (Bend/Straighten)
Prone Mountain
Locust x2
Reclining Leg Stretches (I & II)
Deep Breathing
Alternate Nostril Breathing
Dhyana (objectless meditation)


Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you! I will practice it this weekend! I miss not coming to Wed eve class! Overture commitments and vacation get in the way! Hope to be back in 2 weeks. Enjoy the end of the school year!
Julia Siporin said…
I like how you grow your Sun Salutations. Nice!

Popular posts from this blog

You have lots of... things

Sweets and Your Mitochondria

Worklife Bardo