The Evolution of Change

Naperville, IL (~1974)
As a kid, I was never too keen of having my photo taken. Invariably, something interesting was interrupted by the instruction to stand here and smile. As you can see in the adjacent photo, my enthusiasm was muted, to say the least.

Oddly enough, I had been running around happily just a few moments before this photo was taken - I can remember that day like it was yesterday. It was the first Spring day that I had worn shorts, and I could hardly contain the joy in running around with bare legs.

At that time, it seemed as though Spring was something that happened one day. After months of cold and snow, and then overcast and drizzly, Spring seemed like a switch that was flipped from off to on. As a kid, I did not know that the processes of Spring began the previous Fall, and that that moment was the product of what had been occurring for many months.

While I now have a deeper understanding of how seasons slowly morph from one to the other, I am still learning to appreciate how slow, gradual change occurs in life, as well. It can seem like a life change just happens one day, though I've come to appreciate how the elements that support life change accrue over time.

This is a rather circuitous lead-in to announcing my new website, ScottAndersonYoga.com. As many of you know, I've been operating as part of Alignment Yoga for well over ten years. I've derived great satisfaction from sharing what I know about the body, mind and Yoga through the vehicle of Alignment Yoga, and am pleased that there so many teachers out there passing along the fundamentals that we practiced together. At the same time, you may have also noticed how my views of body and mind have evolved over the past decades. Like the inexorable march of the seasons, I've found that my views of body, mind and physical activity are no longer adequately described by Alignment Yoga. Like the snows inevitably melt into streams and rivers, it's time for me to fondly bid adieu to the identification of Alignment Yoga, and step into the next chapter of my work. The next chapter of my personal and professional life is the continued exploration into the first-hand experience of embodiment, which is now depicted in ScottAndersonYoga.com

I'm still keenly interested in the intersection of body, mind and physical activity, and continue to delight in sharing classes, workshops and retreats with so many interesting people - you! In the coming years, you'll likely see a greater intersection of my scientific/research activities with programming, and more programs that bring Yoga principles to varied activities such as trail running, cardiorespiratory training and Pilates. In addition, you will likely see my personal interest in a Whole-Foods, Plant-Based diet emerge through workshops and retreats that emphasize the health, climate and personal benefits of a plant-based diet. I'm excited to share a public face to the internal evolution that has been ongoing within me for awhile!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You have lots of... things

Sweets and Your Mitochondria

Worklife Bardo